Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Magazine Cover Peer Review

Lit Weekly
2- Magazine cover blog post.

3a.  The name of the magazine cover is "Lit Weekly" and the person who  made it is Maya.
3b.  I like how she used the trunk of the tree as a solid background for the words, and, in the picture itself, the pen she's holding really stands out against the colors of the rest of the picture.  I like it, for some reason.
3c.  I'd suggest to change the font sizes of the headlines a little to make the cover a little more varied.
3d.  I chose this magazine cover because of the abbreviated word "lit."  Literary magazine weekly.  Literature appeals to me.
3e.  There's a barcode, and it's in a good place and a decent size.
3f.  I probably wouldn't have picked it up, but that it for personal reasons:  I don't like magazines - at all, really.  I walk by the magazine section all the time in Barnes and Noble, and I never spend any time at all looking at anything on the shelves.
3g.  I wouldn't have been able to tell it was a self-portrait if I hadn't vaguely recognized her from class.

light&day
2- Magazine cover blog post.

3a.  The name of the magazine cover is "light&day," and the person who made it is Max.
3b.  The use of different font sizes is effective, and the font selection itself is an extremely good choice.  I can't really decide why I like the font choice so much, but I do.
3c.  Even though I really like the magazine name, I would suggest choosing a title that had a little more to do with the picture and/or the headlines.
3d.  I chose the magazine cover because the colors are appealing, and so is the font size, and also the simplicity.
3e.  There's a barcode, and it's in a good place and a decent size.
3f.  I will answer this hypothetically - yes, if I were at all interested in magazines, I would probably pick it up and consider it.  It's visually appealing.
3g.  I know who Max is, but otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell.

ShutterFeed
2- Magazine cover blog post.

3a.  The name of the magazine cover is "ShutterFeed," and the person who made it is Joseph.
3b.  I like a lot of things about this magazine - one, it's a unique picture.  It's also a unique way to place the headlines, and the colors of the headlines stand out.
3c.  Yellow and white are colors that stand out very much against black (the background color of the picture), but it hurts the eyes when they're against each other.  IE, the title of the magazine hurts a little to read, but I'm not sure what I would've done instead.
3d.  I chose the magazine cover because holy crap, it's really good.  In comparison to mine and quite a few others, it looks really good.  Appealing, unique.  Honestly, why wouldn't I choose it?
3e.  There's a barcode, and it's a little extensive on the horizontal side, but it doesn't take anything away from the cover itself.
3f.  I wouldn't pick it up, because all I would be able to see from a magazine shelf would be the title of the magazine and it hurts a little to look at.
3g.  I wouldn't be able to tell if I didn't know who Joseph was.

No comments:

Post a Comment