Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Student of the Month Lede

Who?  -Joey
What?  -Student of the Month
When?  -This week
Where?  -Bowie High School
Why?  -Exemplary grades
How?  -Teacher selection

This week, the teachers at Bowie High School chose Joey as Student of the Month for his exemplary grades.

Story:

This week, the teachers at Bowie High School chose Joey as Student of the Month because of his amazing grades.

"His grades are exemplary, and he participates in many extracurricular activities," says Joey's parents.

The teachers at the high school nominated several students to be chosen for Student of the Month, and then got together in order to decide on the one that would win the award.

"There are many other students who try to take my place," Joey says, "and I believe that they are worthy, but I am superior."

The choosing process for the school usually take a while because of all the difficult choices.  This one, apparently, didn't take very long.

"It took the school board only a few minutes because it was obvious that I was to be chosen," Joey admits.

Joey's grades are a result of his hard work and determination in class, according to him and his associates.

"If he hadn't been happy or determined throughout his years at school, he would never have gotten the award in the first place," Joey's parents say.

Joey's awarding of Student of the Month also seems to lead back to the amount of extracurricular activities he excels at.  His best friend, parents, and himself have all said he participates in many clubs and sports.

"I do all the sports here, and I participate in all of the clubs," Joey says.

Nobody seems surprised that Joey won the award, either.  It seems that his charisma in classes and his standout grades made everyone expect him to be chosen.

"We were both very proud, but obviously unsurprised," Joey's parents say, while his best friends says something similar.

Being chosen as Student of the Month can also be recognized by places further out in life than high school (such as colleges and jobs), which Joey says is the best part of being chosen.

"Colleges recognize it," Joey says.  "I'm very proud of myself and I believe that, in the future, I'm going places."

Joey's favorite class, according to him, is Journalism.

"My favorite class is Journalism because I get to write about interesting things that are happening, and it's a subject that important to my future."

Joey also says that he's good at writing, which is a part of why he likes Journalism so much.

"The class I am best at is English, because I enjoy writing and it's something that come to me very easily."

Bowie High School has been a great school for many years, but Joey says it is lacking in academic qualities by his standards.

"Bowie High School is a good school for the average student, but I'm not an average student and they need to up their standards."

-
This story was 453 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment