Friday, September 11, 2015

Current Events Quiz 1.2

1).  A homeowner could save nearly $14 in savings if they have a median-valued home worth $217,367.

2).  The discovered creature is similar to a human in that it can walk upright, and its hand and feet look like a Homo Sapien's.

3).  Ben Locomte's plan to swim across the Pacific Ocean is brave and inspiring, and for a good cause.  It does seem very, very exhausting, though.

4).  The cameras on the new 6s and 6s+ have a resolution of 12 megapixels rather than the previous 8.    You can also get a preview of a webpage from a link in a message before you launch it on the internet.

5).  Out of the ten items that "Back to the Future" thought we'd have by now (in 2015), I'd like to have "smart clothing."  In all honestly, automatically adjusting sleeve lengths sounds really cool.  My sleeves constantly fall to lengths that I don't like, and I have to push them up all the time.  On the "must have gadgets for college," I would like to have the self-charging phone case.  That would be very helpful if I'm somewhere like an airplane or a restaurant.

6).  I think that Carlos Chacon should have gotten even more money.  If the case had not been dismissed, nothing would have been done about the officer using excessive force in an arrest.  "Shady" people should be a concern, but if "shady" is the only word that you can come up with to describe them, using a stun gun and beating them isn't justified.  Carlos' case was dismissed, and he got the money he deserved for being beaten by an officer.  So, yes, they should get the money if they were legitimately wronged.  The amount of money given should not be lessened if they have a criminal record, because the person with the criminal record could have changed.  Having a criminal record doesn't mean that taking a beating from an officer is right.  I know that there is a limit to how much money someone gets if they haven't died of the crime committed, but I don't know, approximately, where that is.  Being killed is "ultimate," and something needs to be done about that.  If the person was killed, their families should get the money they deserve (which I would think to be around $800,000--but then again, I have trouble understanding the true value of money).  I'm not sure why we're seeing more of this in our society today--things seemed to, honestly, be getting better.  I don't know what caused police officers to suddenly become more violent toward "shady" people, but I know it's wrong.  People officers shouldn't make assumptions about people until a trial has been held and they were proved innocent or guilty.  Using excessive force before then is almost never justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment