Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Current Events 4.1

1.  5 things to look for in Obama's State of the Union address are as follows:  A breakup note, a retrospective (to look back and forward), a social push, a tee up for Democrats (he'll tout the progress made while in his presidency), and have Austinites represented.

2.  The contact between Guzman's lawyers, Penn, and actress Kate del Castillo helped Mexican officials track him down.

3.  "Space Oddity," "Heroes," "Let's Dance," and "Fame" are four of David Bowie's most famous songs.

4.  1.4 billion dollars is the projected lottery win for this year.

5.  My dad would probably want to go so badly that we all went--which is why I would go.  I'm not a Star Wars fan, myself, so I wouldn't go out of my own choice.

6.  I would not buy lottery tickets (Powerball or otherwise), because it's a huge waste of money when you almost always get nothing in return.
     My grandparents have bought tickets before, but it's usually just on a whim.  They don't constantly buy tickets (mostly because they realize it's a huge waste of money, too), it's more of an every-once-in-a-while thing.
     I don't think I would buy tickets for this record drawing.  It's not likely I would win, and that kind of publicity is a whole new level of crazy.
     If I were to win, I would probably spend the money mostly on books or music.  I'd help out my mom with her car bills and get her a better life in general.  I'd put the rest in some sort of bank account and save it for when I grow up and go to college or start living on my own in my own house buying my own food and paying my own bills.  It would be there as a backup, just in case I don't make it in whatever job I end up doing.
     If I didn't win, but came in third place and won three-million dollars, I would definitely help my mom out with her bills and then save the rest for college.  No room for books or music or backups for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment