Thursday, January 21, 2016

Current Event 4.2

1.  Austin Independent School District has a current enrollment number of 83, 591.

2.  Big Ben will swap 607 acres of public land for 1,185 acres of the private, neighboring LaMota Ranch.

3.  Rose Quartz and Serenity are the two Pantone colors of the year.

4.  I color.  I have a book called "The Enchanted Forest," and it's a coloring adventure that leads to a giant dragon at the end of the book (belated spoiler alert).  I really like the trend, mostly because I do it myself.  It helps with a lot of things--such as relaxation, stress, anxiety.  It's also just...fun.

5.  If I were to do one of these, I would go to "Chicano Giants of Jazz" with Joe Gallardo and Luis Gasca at H&H Ballroom--I'd do it with my mom.  We both love jazz and jazz-type music, and it's all we play in the car when we take longish trips.  I usually do nothing on the weekends, and this would probably spice things up a bit.

6.  The major cause of global warming, according to the article, is long-term human emissions of greenhouse gases. A result of global warming are an intensification of thunderstorms--which seems to be accurate, judging by all the rain we've gotten the past few months (and we're in south Texas--come on).
   I don't worry actively about global warming, but it is a worrying problem.  This is the sort of thing that can end very badly, and it's not something we can solve with war; it's not a conflict.  Global warming is the fault of everyone.  I also don't think there's much we can do to prevent global warming, because then we would have to convince pretty much everyone on the planet to change the way they're doing something or other, and that just wouldn't work out.  Who could have enough power to get everyone to listen?
   Global warming is possibly not paid enough attention, and it definitely is a huge problem in our society today, but when there's not much you can do about it, people tend to just give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment