Monday, October 5, 2015

The Big Day

The groom of a wedding is late - very late.  He runs into so many complications - slow cars in front of him, a train.  The bride, meanwhile, is anxious and worried.  Once the groom finally arrives at the wedding place, he sprints through the open door - only to find that the bride is getting married to someone else because he had been too late.  He blames the car, and his former best friend.  But mostly the car.


Factual Story:

On July 23rd, 2014,  Antonio Valez and Madison Paige were to be married in Italy - until she spontaneously married Valez's best friend, James Byrne, because Valez was a few minutes late to the wedding.

"The look on his face was devastating," says Valez's mother.  "None of us had expected this to happen - especially not Antonio."

Apparently, something had been going on with Madison and James for quite a while.  This, combined with Valez not showing up on time, seemed to push Madison to make the switch.

"Three minutes until the wedding, and he still hadn't shown up," Madison says to reporters.  "And I thought he had changed his mind.  So I changed mine, too."

Although Madison harbors no ill-will toward Valez, Valez certainly feels betrayed, especially upon discovering Madison and James had been together before the Big Day.

"My suit ripped at the elbow, and I couldn't get married with a ridiculous tear in the fabric.  So I left to get it fixed last minute," Valez explains.  "On my way back, I got stuck on the wrong side of a passing train, and I was a few minutes late."

The whole thing, according to almost everyone attending the wedding, was a huge misunderstanding.

"Madison misinterpreted Antonio being late, and Antonio misinterpreted Madison marrying somebody else when he finally showed up.  James is the only guilty one here, if you ask me," Madison's best friend, Sarah, says.

Despite everything being a misinterpretation, James and Madison are still married.

"The switch was very sudden," Madison's father says, "but I could tell even before that day that James and Madison had been together.  If James makes her happy, then she can do what she wants."

Valez jokes about the incident with his family.

"I blame the car," he says.  "If it would have gone faster, I would be married now.  It's the car's fault."

-

313 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment